Saturday 14 January 2012

Idea : Yarn Cone Holder

 I was almost thumping my head on the wall out frustration last year when I was using a cone of yarn to knit with.  It was terribly annoying and also time consuming having to unwind the yarn from the cone every so often.  Knitting is supposed to be fun and certainly not a chore.  

So, what did I end up finding tucked away in the kitchen cupboard recently?  A wooden mug holder.  Yes, I thought!  Screw off the six mug holders and stick a cone on it, then hey presto!  Pure genius.  All you have to do for it to work is pop it on the floor next to you when you're on the sofa knitting.... because it won't work while it's elevated on the sofa next to you. (logic, yes??) 

Of course it helps if you have one that actually comes apart, but unfortunately some don't.  So next time you're shopping at the op shop (second hand store), don't forget to keep an eye out for one that comes apart.  If you find one that doesn't come apart, well all you'll have to do saw off the six mug holders - too easy!  Knitting with a yarn cone on a mug holder never felt so good....




Well, crafty me!

No comments: