Friday 24 February 2012

Vintage Dresses

Who are the lucky ones out there that get old clothes passed down to them?  I'm not talking about just a few years old... I'm talking 80's, 70's and even 60's!  My dear mother passed a few onto me recently and some a couple of years back.  Most of them need a lot of taking in and a little fixing here and there, but overall they are great.

You may notice that my mum had a not so slim figure but that's good because it gives me more material to play with when reconstructing.  :)

The first three are either late 1970's or early 1980's... and the last is 1970's.
She used to make most of her own dresses, but I'm not sure if all of these actually hand made.  I think the last one is though.  In any case, I will have fun making these into something more wearable; that is, if I don't completely stuff them up!







Well, crafty me!

No comments: